Tuesday, July 9, 2013

My Top Travel Dream Destinations

With yesterday being my birthday I think I'm entitled to some big dreams.  And my favorite kind of dreams are those of the travel variety.  As there are less than two months until I arrive for my year in Spain I have been thinking about the many places I would like to visit, generally things close/around Europe so I can still afford them.  The more I think about those destinations the more I think about all the places I would like to travel in my lifetime (in no particular order).  Ever since I was a little girl I would read stories and look at maps and promise myself I'd go to wondrous places one day.  But could I afford it, could I make it happen?  Doubt or no doubt I continued my big dreams.

As I got older and caught the travel bug I found that could afford travel and that even the biggest dreams could be made possible, like visiting my number one dream of Monet's Garden.  So though many of these dream destinations may be out of reach in the near future, due to time and budget constraints, I will continue to dream as big as possible.  Here's to one day seeing them all, or hopefully at least a few!

Turkey

Blue Mosque, source
Ephesus, source
Cappadocia, source

British Isles

England, source
Scotland, source
Ireland, source


Russia

Moscow, source
Saint Petersburg, source


New Zealand

Tasman Valley, source
Waikato Countryside/"Hobbiton" (Yes, nerd alert), source


Egypt

Sphinx, source
Pyramids at Giza, source
Abu Simbel, source


India

Taj-Mahal, source
Konark Sun Temple, source
Sanchi Stupa, source


Greece

Santorini, source
Athens, source


Romania

Wooden Churches of Maramureș, source
Snagov Monastery, source
Bran Castle, source


Germany

Berlin, source
Munich, source
Frankfurt, source

Honorable Mentions Just Shy of Ultimate Dream Status:

Hungary
Czech Republic
Croatia
Thailand
Jordan
Scandinavia
Morocco
Israel
Maldives
Portugal

Maybe I'm a little bit ambitious, but a girl can dream can't she...?

What countries/cities do you recommend I add to my list?  Do you have your own set of travel dream destinations?

No comments:

Post a Comment