Sunday, May 27, 2012

Post Graduation: Week One

Well my first week after my graduation from URI is complete, parts of graduation day I'm glad to put behind me like: the sweltering heat, the three+ hour ceremony, and the hour traffic just to leave the parking lot.  It's weird to think that already a week has gone by since then though.  Weirder still to think that for the first time since I've been five that I will not be going back to school in the Fall.  A hard idea to wrap my mind around, but I think the reality will finally hit me when everyone has gone back in the Fall and I won't be returning...


Despite being my first week as a college graduate and adjusting to life at home again, it has been a relatively fun week. After graduation my family stayed for a while and we had a small BBQ.  It was great to see them since we've all been busy this year and we're all really close with one another.  Afterwards a few of my friends came over to have a campfire and that was great because I hadn't seen one of them in a few months and it was our first campfire of the season!  A big deal for all of us to start our annual campfires.

During the weeks after finishing student teaching I have been volunteering in the first grade classroom I worked in for the past two years.  It has been a great way to keep busy during the weeks and to get to do something I love, as well as get that all needed teaching experience for a 'big girl' job.  I've been keeping busy hanging out with friends.  Trying not to think too much about that 'big girl' job...

No comments:

Post a Comment