Thursday, August 22, 2013

Goals For my Time in Madrid

In less than two weeks I will be moving to Spain to teach English at a bilingual elementary school in Madrid with the government program: Auxiliares de Conversación.  Over the past months I've been thinking of the many things I would like to experience and accomplish in my year abroad.  Here is a working list of some the main goals I hope to meet there:

source

*Travel to at least three new countries.

*Learn how to cook Spanish foods for myself. So far I've managed pisto, salmorejo, crema de calabacín, natillas and more!

*Improve my Spanish enough to have a full conversation with my boyfriend's family.

*Read a full chapter book in Spanish for the first time since high school. (Apr. 2014)

*Find a way to exercise and stay in shape in Madrid, without hurting my hip again. (Sep. 2013-Buying a step at decathalon, best purchase ever)

*Go a whole day without speaking English.

*Try something I normally wouldn't. (Do barnacles count?)

*Be more independent.

*Bonus Goal: Visit all the Autonomous Communities in Spain, here are the ten I have yet to visit:
  1. Andalucía (Nov. 13)
  2. Aragón
  3. Islas Baleares (Oct. 14)
  4. Gran Canarias
  5. Cataluña (Mar. 14)
  6. Comunidad Valenciana
  7. Extremadura (May 2014)
  8. Galicia (Aug. 2014)
  9. La Rioja (Feb. 2015)
  10. Murcia

What goals do you have for this coming year?

2 comments:

  1. That's so cool you are going to Spain to be an auxiliar. I am also looking into it (for next year), which is how I ran across your blog. I studied abroad in 08-09 in San Sebastian and loved Spain. Speaking of which, you should add Pais Vasco to that list; it is definitely and awesome part of Spain and the food is to die for. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So far I've only been to Bilbao in País Vasco, I would love to visit San Sebastian some day. I've heard it's beautiful!

      Delete