Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Cantabria in Pictures

This week I'm taking a little mini-vacation to visit one of my childhood friends from Maine.  Our families have known each other for the longest time and we used to spend our summers together when my grandparents owned a family cabin in gorgeous rural Maine.  While I'm away I'm not sure about the reliability of the internet I'll have there, so I planned out a couple of posts to keep you all occupied (you're welcome).

My boyfriend is from Santander and it's an absolutely gorgeous, and often forgotten, province in Spain.  I've been lucky enough to spend my past two summers living with his family and experiencing all Cantabria has to offer, hello Altamira-one of the most important cave for caves in all prehistoric history!  Without further ado, here is personally my favorite place in Spain: the beautiful northern province of Cantabria.  Enjoy!
San Vicente de la Barquera
Parque de la Magdalena
Playa de Mataleñas
Romanesque Church of Santa María de Retortillo 
Roman city of Julióbriga
Valderredible, Cantabria
Rock Church of Arroyuelos
Near the Astronomic Observitory of Cantabria, Valderredible
Liencres
Puertochico
Santander

Palacio de la Magdalena
Cabárceno Natural Park
Isla de Mouro lighthouse
Cabo Mayor
Picos de Europa
Cliffs of Portio
Cliffs of Portio
Universidad Pontificia de Comillas

Have you ever visited Cantabria?  What did you enjoy the most?

No comments:

Post a Comment